I was asked recently for my top ten tips when selling a business on a back of a napkin! so here they are, in super short napkin format though much more readable!
Top 10 tips when selling a business
- Keep it simple and squeaky clean.
- It’s all about the numbers.
- Sales and forecasting counts.
- Have a Finance Director (FD).
- Don’t give them ANY reason to be chipped, ever.
- They have to want it. They are buying for their reasons not yours.
- It will never go how you want, expect the unexpected.
- It’s always a negotiation.
- Plan ahead.
- Have great professional advisors. Use them as that’s why you are paying them.